Return to Player (RTP) Frequently Asked Questions in Mines Games Pattern
RTP values are associated with every casino game you play whether online or off. As gamblers, how often we can expect a payout it a handy tool.
We’ve put together a list of the most common questions related to RTP to turn you into a savvy gambler.
- What is RTP?
- Does the RTP percentage apply to each wager?
- What period of time is the RTP based on?
- Where can I find the RTP?
- How is the RTP value set?
- Does the RTP value represent how much I can expect to win?
- Why did I lose if the RTP is set so high?
- How does RTP effect fairness and randomness?
- Does RTP have anything to do with the house edge?
- There’s a lot of talk of RTP on Slots so does this value exist on other casino games?
1. What is RTP?
RTP is the minimum percentage of wagers that is returned as winnings over a period of time. Unfortunately, the return may not come during your gambling session on any given game.
2. Does the RTP percentage apply to each wager?
No. The RTP is based on the total wagers within a period of time.
3. What period of time is the RTP based on?
This is usually determined by the number of plays, approximately 1 million.
4. Where can I find the RTP?
The RTP is often displayed in the game rules.
5. How is the RTP value set?
The value is set based on requirements in each jurisdiction, software developer and varies for online and traditional land based games.
6.Does the RTP value represent how much I can expect to win?
For example, an RTP of 95 percent does not mean that you will win 95 percent of the time. It’s an estimation of how much will be paid back based on how much is wagered over a certain period of time.
7. Why did I lose if the RTP is set so high?
It is important to recognize that RTP refers to the aggregate wagers over a period of time and is not specific to an individual wager, player or session.
8. How does RTP effect fairness and randomness?
RTP is an estimation based on statistics, which considers both the fairness and randomness of the Random Number Generator (RNG).
9. Does RTP have anything to do with the house edge?
Yes. In fact, you can determine the house edge if you know the RTP value of the game. For example, an RTP of 95 percent would mean that the house edge is 5 percent.
10. There’s a lot of talk of RTP on Slots so does this value exist on other casino games?
Yes. RTP is set on various electronic casino games such as Roulette; however does not apply to live card games that are completely random such as Blackjack.
Odds on Online vs Land Based Slots FAQs
There are some differences in playing Slots online versus in a land based casino but are the odds different? This is one question that has had gamblers wondering and you’re in luck because we’ve got the answers you seek in a collection of the most commonly asked questions related to Slots and the odds.
- What ensures the fairness and randomness of a Slot Game?
- Does RNG exist in both online and traditional casino games?
- Can I find popular land based Slots online?
- Do Slots offer the best odds?
- What factors contribute to the poor odds on Slots?
- How are the odds determined on Slots?
- Is the RTP the same across land based and online Slots?
- What determines RTP?
- Can the use of freeplay or free cash affect Slot odds?
- How is RTP enforced?
1. What ensures the fairness and randomness of a Slot Game?
The Random Number Generator (RNG).
2. Does RNG exist in both online and traditional casino games?
Yes. For more information on RNG, see our Random Number Generator (RNG) Frequently Asked Questions.
3. Can I find popular land based Slots online?
Yes, more and more brick and mortar popular Slots are becoming available online from providers like IGT, Novomatic and WMS.
4. Do Slots offer the best odds?
As much as many of us enjoy all the bells and whistles of a Slot Game, they do not offer the best odds.
5. What factors contribute to the poor odds on Slots?
Despite RNG, the payout combinations go on and on driving down the odds that your spin will result in a win. Also consider the speed in which you can lose your money in one spin versus a hand of Poker.
6.How are the odds determined on Slots?
Without knowing how the game was designed and programmed, it is not possible to accurately calculate the odds. With that said the number of lines, paytable and Return to Player (RTP) values are considered to determine the odds.
7. Is the RTP the same across land based and online Slots?
8. What determines RTP?
RTP is set based on a few factors including the game, the software, the operator and the jurisdiction. For example, a minimum RTP of 95 percent may be required by one online operator while the RTP may be set at 90 percent in an Atlantic City casino or vice versa.
9. Can the use of freeplay or free cash affect Slot odds?
No. There is no direct link to the outcome of a spin based on the source of the credits.
10. How is RTP enforced?
RTP is enforced via safe and unique algorithms developed during the creation of a casino game. All reputable game developers utilize high-quality algorithms and advanced mathematics to make sure the RTP is stable and fair.