3 Casino Mines Games Bonus That Use Dice Other Than Craps
When you think about dice and gambling, the odds are good that you think about craps. However, while craps is by far the most popular casino game using dice, some other options are available.
Most modern casinos have a craps table, but the other craps games are only available in some casinos. Of the three games listed in this post, sic bo is the easiest to find. It’s popular in Asian casinos and is offered in many larger casinos in the United States.
Craps offers the bets with the lowest house edge of all the dice games, but the three dice games listed in this post can be a fun change of pace for craps players.
1 – Sic Bo
Sic bo is the most common dice game found in casinos other than craps. Sic bo looks complicated, but it’s a simple game with a lot of simple bet options. I’ve played quite a bit of sic bo over the years and find it to be a nice change of pace when I get tired of playing the same old casino games all of the time.
Sic bo uses three dice. You play the game at a table that has different places to make a bet on the felt. Here are the common bets in sic bo. The payouts listed are common, but there are different payouts in some casinos.
- Any number, from one to six. You win 1 to 1 if your number is on one die, 2 to 1 if your number is on two dice, and between 3 to 1 and 12 to 1 if your number is on three dice
- Big pays to 1 if the total of the three dice is from 11 to 17, as long as the dice aren’t three of a kind
- Small pays 1 to 1 if the total of three dice is from four to 10, as long as the dice aren’t three of a kind
- A total of four to 17 bet pays 60 to 1
- A total of five and 16 bet pays 30 to 1
- A total of six and 15 bet pays 17 to 1
- A total of seven and 14 bet pays 12 to 1
- A total of eight and 13 bet pays 8 to 1
- A total of nine and 12 bet pays 6 to 1
- A total of 10 and 11 bet pays 6 to 1
- A double bet is a bet on two of the chosen number and pays 10 to 1
- A triple bet is on three of the selected number and pays 180 to 1
- A bet on any triple is any three of a kind roll and pays 30 to 1
A few other sic bo bets exist, depending on the casino house rules, but the best listed above are common almost everywhere sic bo is offered. The best bets in sic bo are the big and small, which have a house edge of 2.8%.
2 – Chuck a Luck
Chuck a luck is similar to sic bo, but it’s easier to play and has fewer betting options. The game uses three dice and has the following options for bets.
- You can bet on any number one to six, and you’re paid 1 to 1 if your number is on any of the three dice, 2 to 1 if your number is on two dice, and up to 12 to 1 if your number is on all three dice, depending on the specifically listed payout which varies by casino.
- You can make a field bet that pays 1 to 1 when the total of the three dice are from five to eight or 13 to 16.
- You can bet the total of the three dice are under 10 or over 11, and if you win, you get paid 1 to 1.
The house edge on chuck a luck is the same for any single number bet and the field bet. These two bets have a house edge of 3.7%. The over-under bet has a house edge of 25%, making it worse than almost every other bet on the casino. The 3.7% house edge on the any number wager is based on a payout of 12 to 1 on three of a kind. If this bet pays less, the house edge is higher.
3 – Banca Francesa
Banca Francesa is a dice game that’s easy to play. The game uses three dice, and you can make one of three different bets.
The total of the three dice are the only thing that matters in Banca Francesa. Therefore, the total of three dice goes from 3 to 18.
Here are the available bets in Banca Francesa:
- Low – A total of 5, 6, or 7
- High – A total of 14, 15, or 16
- Aces – A total of 3
Here’s what each of the three bets pays:
- Low – 1 to 1
- High – 1 to 1
- Aces – 61 to 1
All other dice totals than the ones listed above result in a push. The overall house edge for Banca Francesa is roughly 1.6%. Compared to many other casino games, this is a low house edge, but it’s not as low as some blackjack games.
The low house edge and the large percentage of rolls that result in a push make Banca Francesa a good option for gamblers who want to play for a long time on a low bankroll. A high percentage of rolls result in totals from 8 to 13, so many hands end up with a push.
Interestingly, the bet on aces, or three ones, has the same house edge as the low and high bet. In the long run, this means that you can expect the same amount of total losses no matter which bet you choose. But you can bet on aces, and if you get lucky and hit it before you make 60 bets, you can stop playing and walk away from the game as a winner.
Dice Probability for Casino Games Using 3 Dice
It’s easy to find the odds of totals for two dice because craps is a popular game. But when you play a game that uses three dice, like the alternative casino dice games listed in this post, you need to know the probability of each number for these games.
If you roll three dice, the total of the three dice will be from three to 18. The numbers 10 and 11 are more likely to come up than other numbers because more combinations produce these totals.
Here’s a list of the number of combinations that produce each total when you roll three dice. A total of 216 combinations exist for three dice.
- One combination for totals of three or 18
- Three combinations for totals of four or 17
- Six combinations for totals of five or 16
- 10 combinations for totals of six or 15
- 15 combinations for totals of seven or 14
- 21 combinations for totals of eight or 13
- 25 combinations for totals of nine or 12
- 27 combinations for totals of 10 or 11
You can divide the total number of combinations for any number by 216 to get the percentage chance of rolling that total. For example, the percentage chance of rolling a 10 is 27 divided by 216, or 12.5%.
If you like to play craps but get tired of the same thing, you can try one of the three casino dice games in this post. You can find these games in some online casinos and some land-based casinos.
Sic bo is available in most online casinos and large casinos in the United States. In addition, chuck a luck is still available in a few big land-based casinos, and Banca Francesa is available in a few online casinos and in some foreign casinos.
If you’re looking for dice bets with a low house edge, your best bet is still the pass or don’t pass in regular craps. But you can find a few good bets in sic bo and chuck a luck too.